Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors
The Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors privacy notice provides information on how Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors and any of its representatives and any 3rd party providers collect, use, secure, transfer and share your information.
The protection of your personal data is important to Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors, and we recognise that when you choose to provide Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors with information about yourself, you trust us to act responsibly with the data. We will never sell your personal data.
We may disclose personal information we collect about you, as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
* Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business facilitation / Contractors / Law firms / Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
* Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
* Prospective landlords requesting references via your written consent
Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors provides this website for your information and use, subject to the terms set out below. By accessing this website, you agree to accept these terms.
All references to Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors within this website refer to Wheeler and Lai Commercial Surveyors Limited unless otherwise stated (Reg No:11560220).
What personal data do we collect and use
Depending on your relationship with Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors, the information we collect will assist during the service we are providing or enable us to process an activity, such as sending you property details, undertaking a reference check if you are taking on the role of tenant.
Therefore, broadly speaking, various types of data may include (but this is not a definitive list):
* Identification information (e.g. name, Photographic ID, Place and Date of Birth, correspondence address evidence).
* Contact information (e.g. Postal address, e-mail and phone numbers).
* Family situation (e.g. number of children, marital status)
* Economic, Financial and Tax information (e.g. Wage slips, bank statements)
* Education and Employment Information (e.g. Employer’s name, Educational certificates).
* Data from 3rd parties (e.g. Landlord references, credit agencies, accountants)
How we use your personal information Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors is committed to meeting all Data Protection obligations and ensuring the protection and security of all personal information. We have guidelines and procedures in place to ensure the safeguarding of your personal information.
The use of your personal information may fall under following purposes:
* Sending you property details that you have requested, or we believe to be of interest due to a previous enquiry.
* For property regulations and due diligence purposes, in accordance with applicable law, anti-money laundering regulations.
* To provide you / your organisation with information or products or services that you have requested and deal with invoicing and payment.
* To fulfil our legitimate interest such a proof of transaction, fraud prevention.
* To enable an on-going business relationship, landlord and/or tenant relationship.
Length of time we hold your personal information
Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. No. ZA463363). We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly, kept safe and secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
In order for Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors to be able to deliver a service, personal information will be required, and we will hold this information until the purpose is met, or if governed by other legal statutes and regulations, for the prescribed limitation and time periods. This can be between 3 and 12 years after the end of a contractual business relationship.
We will hold this information for as long as it is needed for the service you have requested (property particulars, newsletters, or other services we believe will be of interest to you) and remove it when that purpose has been met, or you no longer wish to continue to receive the service and choose to “opt out” by emailing email@example.com with the subject “Opt-Out Data Privacy”.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors do not sell, trade, or rent any personal information to other organisations or third parties for sales or any other commercial purposes without your prior explicit consent. Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors may from time to time use 3rd parties to fulfil the aforementioned services, and in those cases, we may disclose your information to:
* Service providers such as an EPC assessor, Solicitors, Contractors.
* Independent agents, intermediaries, or brokers, with which we have a regular business relationship.
* The Landlord, or their representatives or advisers.
* Vendor or Purchaser (or prospective purchaser) where we are the agent.
* Local Authorities / government bodies
You may decide you do not wish your personal information to be collected or shared, or may set conditions on our use of it. In such cases we may not be able to provide the service you require, or may only be able to provide it in a limited way. There are occasions where we have a statutory obligation to collect or use personal information. We reserve the right to monitor and record electronic communications (website, email and telephone conversations) for the purposes of keeping records, staff training, market analysis and security. We will inform you if your call is being recorded or monitored.
Under the GDPR there are a number of legal basis under which Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors can process personal information. One of the lawful reasons is called ‘Legitimate Interests’. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means that Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors can process personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming interests, rights and freedoms. This condition is necessity based, and as such Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on an individual, unless we have consent or are otherwise required or permitted to retain data by law. Email and Communications We may contact you by email, post or via the telephone. Emails that we send to you or you send to us may be retained as a record of contact and your email address stored for future use in accordance with our record retention schedule, which is reviewed periodically. If we need to email sensitive or confidential information to you, we may perform checks to verify the correct email address and may take additional security measures. If providing us such information we recommend doing so in person.
Website and Cookies Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors does not adopt or endorse the views of 3rd party websites linked to, or from, www.wlsurveyors.co.uk. Where we use social media platforms to promote the business, this may include promoting new agency work, promotion of deals or news to promote the services of Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors, we do not intend to disclose personal details or sensitive information. Where our website or social media platforms contains links to third party websites we are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such websites. Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors takes no responsibility for the content, language use or beliefs of 3rd party web sites that may be linked to or downloadable from the Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors website or any other associated website or social media platforms.
Your rights You may request that Wheeler and Lai Chartered Surveyors amends or stops processing your personal data in relation to any service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Opt-Out Data Privacy”. This may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. We will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties. You have the right to request access to, and a copy of, any information we hold about you free of charge. Please note that an administrative fee (presently fixed at £50.00) will be charged where the request is; manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive; or is for further copies of the same information, that has
previously been provided. We will endeavour to respond within 28 days of the request. If you have a complaint about why your information has been collected, how it has been used or how long we have kept it for, please email us at email@example.com.